Friday, August 26, 2011

In The Middle :)

Last night I was laying in between Matt and Lily (for those of you that don't know Lily is my two year old black and white Shih Tzu) thinking how I wouldn't trade that moment or my life for anything. :)  Lily has had a little trouble adjusting to the married life.  Since she was 8 weeks old it has just been me and her.  Of course she has stayed with Matt and Dutchess for long periods of time but this living together thing seems to be taking a toll on her.  She is literally attached to my hip.  Being that I don't have a job right now, I am home most of the day with her and Dutchess and she is either laying beside, on or next to me. She only wants me to take her out.  When Matt tries to put her leash on her she runs and hides under the bed. :(  At night time she has to sleep in the bed with Matt and I touching my leg or arm.  Considering how spoiled she is I don't think our future children have a chance. :)  I know it may sound crazy but the love and loyalty you feel from your dogs is truly special.

Not only am smashed in the middle of my husband and dog every night, I am also in the middle of finding a job.  I quit my teaching job in Lexington to move to Jeffersonville because Matt and I thought it would be easier for me to find another teaching job than for him to find another job.  I have not found another job yet and while I love being a stay at home wife :)  I'm really missing teaching! I miss the kids, the girls I taught with and the feeling of making a difference. :)  Having the freedom to do what I want when I want is nice, but I'm ready to get back into a routine of things.  Matt and I have tentatively planned several trips for September and October during his vacation time and it's nice to have this freedom and flexibility with not having to coordinate vacation times, but part of me still wishes I had my own classroom this year. :) I know God has wonderful plans for me and my career path! I keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! :) I hope one of your trips in October is to come meet Harper! haha! Glad you are enjoying married life! I loved being a stay-at-home wife during Christmas and Summer breaks! Making dinners and keeping the house clean was so fun for me! I miss you so very much it's hard to even say. School is just not the same without your friendship there. :( Hope to see you soon and good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete